duda

Lost in the wilderness...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Teaching Assistant, por favor, tell me what you don't understand about how checking in books is the responsibility of the student aides? Si, the student aides who have the attention span of an anteater, THEY ARE ALL I HAVE. My first line of defense against raving patrons who say, "I returned that book! Last week!"

It is not "silly" or "mean" of me to tell the students who claim they returned a book to go find said book on the shelf and show it to me. IF they can find it (you would not believe how many books that have been "returned to the library" mysteriously show up under a bed, in the car, or in someone's locker) I will happily check it in - since those student aides are so inept at their jobs - and waive all late fees!

Don't get disgusted and want to just go back to class and let their "real teacher" deal with the library since "the system does not work." I know your feet hurt, gosh... you've been standing on them for a whole 10 minutes. Don't tell your student in Spanish to tell me that she returned the book, and then turn around and do it for her when she says she can't tell me... she may say "no intendes" but I sure do!

First of all, she has to find the book and show it to me. I am nice, not gullible. I realize the system has its problems, but I just can't spend all day checking books in and out. That's why I have 20+ student aides.

Secondly, aren't you supposed to be teaching her to speak English? Isn't this a learning experience? Responsibility? Accountability? Deadlines? Due dates?

Bese mi culo, Teaching Assistant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home